About LPL Financial
LPL Financial is one of the leading financial services companies and the largest independent broker/dealer in the nation*. For more than four decades, the firm has served as an enabling partner, supporting financial advisors in their goals of protecting and growing their clients’ wealth. A chief objective of LPL Financial is to reduce the complexity of running a financial services practice so advisors can focus on what they do best help their clients attain their financial goals and fulfill their dreams.
With headquarters on both coasts, LPL Financial supports financial advisors in helping their clients by offering a robust mix of services and tools such as:
- Enabling technology
- Comprehensive clearing and compliance services
- Practice management programs and training
- Independent research
Thousands of financial advisors nationwide rely on LPL Financial to help meet their clients’ financial needs. They do so by using the firm’s tools and resources that help them discover their clients’ priorities, dreams, and passions; analyze and develop financial plans that support every stage of their clients’ lives; and make product recommendations that put clients on the path to pursuing their goals.
For more information about LPL Financial, visit www.lpl.com.
* As reported in Financial Planning magazine 1996-2014, based on total revenues.
Account Protection at LPL
- Securities Investor Protection Corporation (SIPC) account protection applies in the event that an SIPC member fails financially as in unable to meet obligations to securities clients, but it does not protect against losses from the rise and fall in the market value of investments. LPL Financial membership in SIPC provides account protection up to a maximum of $500,000 per customer, of which $250,000 may be in cash. For an explanatory brochure, visit www.sipc.org.
- Additionally through Lloyds of London, LPL Financial accounts have securities protection to cover the net equity of customer accounts up to an overall aggregate firm limit of $575 million, subject to conditions and limitations.